Sun, 12 May|
Dewerstone Rocks (Shaugh Prior Bridge)
Rope Rigging Skills Course
The Rope Rigging Course entails learning how to set up outdoor climbing systems for bottom roping and top roping.
Session Time & Location
12 May 2024, 09:30 – 16:00
Dewerstone Rocks (Shaugh Prior Bridge), Plymouth PL7 5HE, UK
About the event
This course is ideal for those with some outdoors experience, not yet ready to lead climb outdoors but wanting to get out climbing safely and independently.
This is an ideal step for those working towards Rock Climbing Instructor Training.
Also, this course is great for parents of children that wish to pursue climbing outdoors safely.
- Choosing a suitable rack and understanding of climbing equipment.
- Selecting anchors and gear placement
- Building anchors and joining protection
- Rigging Top & Botton ropes
- Keeping yourself safe
- Selecting routes
- Understanding related safety and potential hazards.
- To have an understanding of what Top rope & Bottom rope systems involve.
- Understanding how to select and place protection.
- Be able to build anchors.
- To know how to set up Top & Bottom ropes to be climbed.
- To know how to work safely around the crag.
An understanding of climbing protection is desirable but not essential.
Please contact us if you are unsure.
This course will be run by a qualified Rock Climbing Instructor or higher.
Bespoke courses can also be arranged on dates to suit.
Here is a precise what3words address and a Google Maps link to where your instructor will meet you on each day.