Get In Touch To Book!|
Mountain Training Rock Skills Sport Learn To Lead Course
The Rock Skills Learn to Lead Sport Climbs course will provide you with the skills you need to participate in bolted sport climbing, including an introduction to leading bolt protected climbs.
Session Time & Location
Get In Touch To Book!
About the event
This course is also perfect if you are ready to progress to leading sport routes outside, if you are looking to improve your lead climbing confidence or refresh your leading skills. This course does not cover the skills required for leading trad routes.
- Choosing venues using guidebooks and mobile devices.
- Safe and assured movement on the lead and optimising natural rests for clipping bolts.
- Ropes and technical equipment for sport climbing.
- Technical skills - Fixed equipment, anchors, rope work, belaying, holding/taking falls in a controlled environment, lowering and lower offs.
- The impact of climbers at the crag, ethics, access and environmental considerations for climbers.
- Hazards and emergency procedures.
Outcomes of The Course
- To have had lots of experience of outdoors sport climbing throughout the course.
- To be in a strong position to lead bolted sport routes on rock and indoors.
- To be confident lead belaying a climber.
- To be confident in managing lowers off on a sport crag.
Have logged 20 indoor or outdoor climbs. Have belayed on at least 20 occasions.
Completion of Rock Skills Intermediate Course.
Minimum age is 14 years old and there is no maximum.
For more information plesse see our MT Rock Skills Courses page.
Bespoke courses can also be arranged with your own instructor on dates to suit.
This course will be run by a qualified Rock Climbing Instructor Development Instructor or higher..
Bespoke BookingFrom £400.00 to £450.00