Sat, 29 Apr|
Mountain Training Mountain Skills Course
Mountain Skills is the ideal choice for walkers interested in transferring their skills to more mountainous terraIn.
Session Time & Location
29 Apr 2023, 09:00 – 30 Apr 2023, 17:00
Ogwen Cottage, Nant Ffrancon, Bethesda, Bangor
About the event
This course is ideal for participants with basic hill walking experience wanting to transfer their skills to more mountainous terrain.
- Walking skills,
- Clothing and equipment,
- Navigation in the mountains,
- Environmental knowledge,
- Hazards and emergency proceedures in the mountains.
Outcomes of The Course
- To be able to independently plan and carry out a safe, efficient and effective walk in the mountains in the UK.
- To have an understanding of compass skills and basic poor visibility navigation.
- To have an understanding of the environment, weather and potential hazards.
- To know how to respond to any hazards you may encounter and what to do in an emergency.
- Most importantly, to be confident to enjoy getting out in the mountains
Basic hill and moorland walking experience required.
Minimum age is 10 years old and there is no maximum.
A general level of fitness is required for a days walking in higher mountainous areas.
For more information plesse see our MT Hill & Mountain Skills Courses page.
Bespoke courses can also be arranged with your own instructor on dates to suit.
This course will be run by a qualified Mountaineering & Climbing Instructor.
Here is a precise what3words address and a Google Maps link to where your instructor will meet you on each day.
Will be confirmed on Day 1