Sat, 26 Nov|
Ice Warrior Basecamp
Mountain Training Hill Skills Course
Hill Skills is your key to getting stared in countryside and moorland walking. The course will cover a range of aspects including Navigation & Equipment.
Session Time & Location
26 Nov 2022, 10:00 – 27 Nov 2022, 17:00
Ice Warrior Basecamp, Tavistock Rd, Princetown, Yelverton
About the event
Hill Skills is your key to getting started in countryside and moorland walking.
If you aren't confident in or would like to learn more about planning walks, navigating and understanding the equipment required, then the Hills Skills is the perfect course to learn.
- Walking skills,
- Clothing and equipment,
- Navigation in the hills,
- Environmental knowledge,
- Hazards and emergency proceedures in the hills.
Outcomes of The Course
- To be able to independently plan and carry out an efficient and effective countryside or moorland walk.
- To have an understanding of the environment, weather and potential hazards.
- To know how to respond to any hazards you may encounter and what to do in an emergency.
- Most importantly, to be confident to enjoy getting out.
No experience necessary.
For more information plesse see our MT Hill & Mountain Skills Courses page.
Bespoke courses can also be arranged with your own instructor on dates to suit.
This course will be run by a qualified Mountain Leader or higher who is also a National Navigation Award Scheme approved provider.
Here is a precise what3words address and a Google Maps link to where your instructor will meet you on each day.
Website Booking£105.00Sold Out
This event is sold out