Sat, 26 Nov|
Ice Warrior Basecamp
Mountain Training Hill Skills Course
Hill Skills is your key to getting started in countryside and moorland walking. If you aren't confident in or would like to learn more about planning walks, navigating and understanding the equipment required, then the Hills Skills is the perfect course to learn.
Session Time & Location
26 Nov 2022, 09:00 GMT – 27 Nov 2022, 17:00 GMT
Ice Warrior Basecamp , Tavistock Rd, Princetown, Yelverton PL20 6QE, UK
About the event
This Course is ideal for beginner and those with some hill walking experience wanting to learn more.
A general level of fitness is required for a days walking on the moors.
- Walking skills,
- Clothing and equipment,
- Navigation in the hills,
- Environmental knowledge,
- Hazards and emergency proceedures in the hills.
Outcomes of The Course
- To be able to independently plan and carry out an efficient and effective countryside or moorland walk.
- To have an understanding of the environment, weather and potential hazards.
- To know how to respond to any hazards you may encounter and what to do in an emergency.
- Most importantly, to be confident to enjoy getting out.
No experince is required.
Minimum age of 10 years old.
This course will be run by a qualified Mountaineering & Climbing Instructor (MCI).
For more information plesse see our Hill & Mountain Skills Scheme page.
Bespoke courses can also be arranged with your own instructor on dates to suit.